Coil building is not rocket science. With all the right equipment and a little determination, you can make fantastic builds. The practice is for vapers seeking to increase the flavor and vapor production of their device. Coil building is mostly undertaken by professional vapers. Below are some tips on how to rebuild vape coil for any type of atty.
What is Required for Coil Building
For coil building, you’ll need the following items;
- Resistance wires – There are various types suitable for creating vape coils. It is necessary to decide which one you prefer. Each may provide a different experience. Some of the most popular wires are kanthal, stainless steel, and nickel.
- Flush cutter – This is used to cut your coil.
- Organic cotton – This is one of the best wicking materials.
- Scissors – To trim the cotton according to your preference.
- Tweezers – This allows you to pinch the coils and shape them.
- Small metal rods – Like a small screwdriver or coiling tool
To build coils, you initially need to familiarize yourself well with all the parts of a rebuildable dripping atomizer (RDA) or a rebuildable tank atomizer (RTA). Another thing to keep in mind is to select wires that will fit your device.
The Correct Type of Wire For Your Device
Your coil plays a role in the flavor intensity and quality of the vapor that you get. One of the easiest ways to get the most out of your coil is to increase the surface area. The surface area is increased in different manners:
- By increasing the number of coil wraps.
- Using multi-coil wire sets or advanced wires.
When you increase the surface area of your coil, you may need more power to heat it. You will find all the necessary materials and vital information on coil building at Slim’s E-Juice.
How to Properly Build Your Coils
It is important to ensure your coil build is suitable for your atomizer. Some devices are not compatible with certain coil types. Generally, devices with internal airflow inlets of 2mm require a coil(s) with the same diameter. Most modern devices like the Protank 4 have very big coil spaces that have no relation to the airflow inlets. At times it is necessary to compromise because not all devices will have the available space. You will find out more about the Protank coil rebuilding at Slim’s E-Juice.
Coil Build Options
There are many coil building techniques. It takes lots of practice to get it right. You have to properly build your coil and fix your wick well to prevent short circuits and other accidents. Here are some easy coil building techniques:
- Micro and Macro coil builds – Micro and Macro are created by wrapping a single piece of wire around a screwdriver or coil jig. The difference between a micro and macro coil build is the inner diameter of the coil. For a micro build, the inner diameter is about 1mm to 2mm, and for macro coils, the diameter is about 2 mm.
- Twist up – This type of build involves twisting two strands of wires together around a single piece of twisted wire either using a drill or by hand. Then use the twisted wire to make a macro build. The twist up technique is one of the most efficient ways of increasing the surface area of your coil build without a drastic reduction of its resistance.
- Single or dual coils – It will come to your attention that some builds have not one but two coils. Dual coils give you more vapor than single coils. It is important that both coils are identical in size in a dual build.
The coil building techniques outlined above are the easiest and often for the novice. Despite the simplicity, it requires lots of practice to gain dexterity. It cannot be emphasized enough that your coil build has to be perfect for you to vape without issues. The fastest way to learn coil building is to watch tutorial videos. You’ll find many videos on platforms like YouTube.